HCL BigFix Service Graph Connector
Makes near real-time endpoint data from HCL BigFix Inventory available to automatically enrich the ServiceNow® CMDB.
ServiceNow Vulnerability Response with HCL BigFix
Imports HCL BigFix content into the ServiceNow® Vulnerability Response application, and orchestrates Patch deployments via HCL BigFix to remediate vulnerabilities.
HCL BigFix Inventory Spoke
Provides the ability to create a custom integration between HCL BigFix Inventory and the ServiceNow® CMDB.
HCL BigFix ServiceNow Data Flow
Enriches the ServiceNow® CMDB using near real-time HCL BigFix data, It also allows reporting, filtering and targeting deployments and reporting based on business contexts from CMDB.
Service Graph Connector for HCL BigFix
The ServiceNow Service Graph Connector for HCL BigFix enables organizations to harness the wealth of near real-time endpoint data that HCL BigFix makes available to automatically enrich ServiceNow® CMDB.
Incident management, problem management, and change management are core functions in IT Service Management (ITSM). The endpoint information from HCL BigFix can also support Security Vulnerability, Asset & Software Management, and Service Operations use cases in ServiceNow. To effectively provide these services to end users, ServiceNow needs to know exactly what assets are in use with current, accurate configuration data for the areas of service impact analysis, asset telemetry, compliance, and configuration management. The Service Graph Connector for HCL BigFix helps organizations discover, track, and understand their assets by leveraging HCL BigFix’s extensive and near real-time endpoint and asset data to enrich ServiceNow’s Configuration Management Database.
Watch the webinar here for more details on ServiceNow Service Graph Connector for HCL BigFix.
- Certified ServiceNow Common Service Data Model (CSDM) Compliant: HCL BigFix can provide accurate, up-to-date information from endpoints that are on-premise, in a cloud or hybrid-cloud, VPN-connected, or at home
- Easy to implement: Available directly from the ServiceNow Store, with included Guided setup, and preconfigured default mappings
- Operational cost reduction: By automating hardware and software discovery, organizations can eliminate manual processes, inconsistent and incomplete asset data, thus delivering higher quality information to users who rely upon the ServiceNow CMDB
- Supports hardware and software data exchange
- Reduced number of errors and system outages through near real-time discovery
- Automated synchronization of near-real-time endpoint data from HCL BigFix into ServiceNow CMDB
- Reduced mean time to resolution of incidents
- HCL BigFix Inventory v10 or above
- ServiceNow CMDB
- ServiceNow ITOM Standard
- ServiceNow versions Rome, San Diego, and Tokyo
- Review all the requirements of the connector in the ServiceNow app store here
- Additional ServiceNow information available at https://store.servicenow.com/sn_appstore_store
ServiceNow Vulnerability Response Patch Orchestration
This integration between the ServiceNow Vulnerability Response application and HCL BigFix imports HCL BigFix automation content data from HCL BigFix to help security and IT teams using ServiceNow Vulnerability Response application to identify remediate critical vulnerabilities.
- View your assets with vulnerabilities that are missing patches or were not successfully updated
- Schedule patches from the Vulnerability Response application to initiate patching in the HCL BigFix console
- View detailed patch information in one location in your Now Platform that includes the highest supersedence, SLA details, and status of patch deployments
- Select the preferred patches that match the specific vulnerabilities on your vulnerable items
- States of vulnerable items automatically transition from "Open" to "Awaiting Implementation" if a preferred patch exists
- View patch progress and other vulnerability information at the remediation task level in both the Vulnerability Response Workspaces and in the classic UI
- Monitor and track patch deployments to avoid conflicts with working hours with an optional process for approving patch requests
- Faster remediation of critical vulnerabilities
- HCL BigFix Patch, Lifecycle, Compliance, or Remediate - V10 or above
- The Vulnerability Response application and its dependency plugins must be installed and activated
- The Vulnerability Response Patch Orchestration application must be installed and activated
- Permissions and roles:
- System Admin (admin) for installation and role assignment, Vulnerability Admin (sn_vul.vulnerability_admin) for access to all VR records
- The HCL BigFix vulnerability integration tasks require the following additional roles:
- sn_vul_HCL BigFix.configure_integration: Administrator for the HCL BigFix Vulnerability Integration application
- sn_vul_HCL BigFix.read.integration: Read permission for the HCL BigFix Vulnerability Integration records
- sn_vul_patch_orch.configure_patch: Required for users to configure and apply HCL BigFix patches
- sn_vul_patch_orch.read_patch: Read-only permission to view patches
- Additional information at https://store.servicenow.com
BigFix Inventory Spoke
The HCL BigFix Inventory Spoke provides the ability to create a custom integration between HCL BigFix Inventory and the ServiceNow CMDB. In fact, the HCL BigFix Inventory Spoke was leveraged to create the HCL BigFix Service Graph Connector with ServiceNow. The Spoke provides a data abstraction for both HCL BigFix Inventory and ServiceNow CMDB that simplifies the use of APIs by a developer.
- Speeds development of custom integrations between HCL BigFix Inventory and ServiceNow
- The HCL BigFix Inventory Spoke provides out-of-the-box actions to automate HCL BigFix Inventory tasks when events occur in ServiceNow. For example, the Spoke provides a sample subflow, Send an Email Notification for HCL BigFix Inventory Report to demonstrate sending an email notification with the received HCL BigFix Inventory report attachment
- HCL BigFix Inventory v10 or above
- The HCL BigFix Inventory Spoke requires the HCL BigFix_admin (sn_HCL BigFix_in_spoke.HCL BigFix_admin) role allowing users to access the HCL BigFix Inventory Spoke application
- Additional ServiceNow requirements: https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/tokyo-application-development/page/administer/integrationhub-store-spokes/concept/bigfix-spoke.html
BigFix ServiceNow Data Flow
Empower your IT organization with HCL BigFix ServiceNow Data Flow to better discover, track, and understand your hardware assets by leveraging HCL BigFix's extensive and near real-time endpoint and asset data to enrich your CMDB. Avoid stale or missing data, and ensure that the records in your CMDB are comprehensive, accurate, and up to date to reduce time to resolution of incidents.
Enable your HCL BigFix Operators with HCL BigFix ServiceNow Data Flow by automatically bringing endpoint metadata and business contexts from ServiceNow, such as location, asset owners, business units, and other CMDB fields into your HCL BigFix products. Quickly identify, prioritize, and remediate issues or automate your IT processes with HCL BigFix by having the business context of your endpoints from ServiceNow.
- Out of the box integration: Get up and running quickly to easily exchange endpoint hardware data with this out of the box integration and its preconfigured default mappings
- Automated data synchronization: Business contexts from ServiceNow CMDB can automatically be synchronized and available within HCL BigFix interfaces for both targeting deployments & policies, as well as reporting purposes
- Advanced data mappings and transformation: Easily define the scope of endpoints and their associated data to synchronize along with the ability to manipulate and transform data on the fly
- Enhances discovery: HCL BigFix discovers more endpoints, accurately, and with up-to-date information, improving the data quality of your CMDB
- Enables Work from home: Easily manage endpoint configurations and policies based on location data made available from ServiceNow CMDB. For instance, automatically ensure that your remote employees have the necessary applications and configurations to work effectively from home
- Delivers cost savings: Eliminate manual effort and reduce maintenance costs, leading to streamlined operations and reduced time to resolution
- HCL BigFix v10 or above
- ServiceNow requirements available at https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/integrations/Ecosystem/Quick_Start/ecosystem_qs_guide.html