IDC MARKETSCAPE NAMES HCL AS A LEADER ACROSS MULTIPLE SEGMENTS OF WORLDWIDE UNIFIED ENDPOINT MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
PUBLISHED DATE: June 23, 2022
HCLSoftware, a division of HCL Technologies (HCL), today announced that HCL has been named to in the Leaders Category in three new IDC MarketScape reports on Unified Endpoint Management (UEM)1. The IDC MarketScape also named HCL as a Major Player in a fourth IDC MarketScape UEM report.2
According to the IDC MarketScape reports, many HCL BigFix customers interviewed for the UEM MarketScape reported “an increase in new feature development and feature requests, responsiveness to support and integration issues, and an overall higher level of customer satisfaction with the platform over the past two years.”
IDC analyst Phil Hochmuth cited software patching and operating system patches and updates as a particular strength for BigFix. He also wrote that companies should consider HCL BigFix “as an UEM platform for enterprise deployments where strong patch management, discovery, endpoint state inventory, and automation are key requirements. Customers with another UEM/MDM product in place should evaluate BigFix as a possible consolidation opportunity for mobile device management. SMBs should also consider BigFix as a complete, unified IT management and configuration platform across PCs, Macs, mobile devices, and a broad array of server operating systems (with over 100 variants of server OSs supported).”
According to the IDC MarketScape UEM for Ruggedized/Internet of Things Device Deployments report:
- HCL BigFix is also known for its ability to manage large-scale deployments of endpoints, with upward of half a million endpoints and more in some of its largest deployments.
- HCL BigFix has extensive Windows PC and macOS management capabilities, with a strong focus on patch management, automation, software life-cycle maintenance, and software threat and vulnerability remediation. The report also says, “HCL is among a few UEM vendors that have strong server (Windows and Linux) device management capabilities built into the UEM platform overall.”
- BigFix supports robust remote monitoring and management functions for accessing users' PC environments and helping troubleshoot issues in real time on a system.
- HCL BigFix is a strong tool for helping end users with compliance and regulatory requirements around endpoint security and management (e.g., PCI-DSS, NIST, CIS, and DESUS).
- As an agent-based system, BigFix can perform extensive device inventorying functions (hardware and software installed) and can configure granular policies on endpoint PCs, Macs, and servers.
“The IDC MarketScape reports cite our enhanced mobile OS management capability as being ‘strong out of the gate,’” said Kristin Hazlewood, Vice President and General Manager, HCL BigFix. “Added to our strong foundational capabilities, we now offer a solution that meets the needs of global organizations, from servers to mobile devices, across the complete range of requirements.”
Click here for more information.
About HCL Technologies
HCLSoftware, a division of HCL Technologies (HCL), develops, markets, sells, and supports over 40 product families in the areas of Customer and Digital Experience; Multi-Experience Application Development; Secure Collaboration; Secure DevOps; AIOps, XSM and Intelligent Automation; Data and Analytics; and Industry Software, with enduring brands such as Actian, AppScan, BigFix, Commerce, Domino, DRYiCE, and Unica. HCLSoftware is the cloud-native solution factory for enterprise software and powers millions of apps at more than 20,000 organizations, including over half of the Fortune 1000 and Global 2000 companies. HCLSoftware's mission is to drive ultimate customer success with its IT investments through relentless product innovation.
About IDC MarketScape:
IDC’s MarketScape vendor assessment model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
 IDC MarketScape: Unified Endpoint Management Software for Apple Devices 2022 Vendor Assessment IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Unified Endpoint Management Software for Ruggedized/Internet of Things Device Deployments 2022 Vendor Assessment and IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Unified Endpoint Management Software for Small and Midsize Businesses 2022 Vendor Assessment
 IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Unified Endpoint Management Software 2022 Vendor Assessment