The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) issued a Cybersecurity Framework for all commercial banks in India to implement so the banks can proactively establish policies and procedures and adopt technologies to address the increasing security threats in a more effective way. As with other security frameworks such as ISO 27001 or CIS Security Controls, the RBI Cybersecurity Framework defines a set of requirements to specify what security controls need to be implemented.
BigFix is a powerful solution that has been leveraged by many financial institutes to implement security frameworks or comply with security regulations. Many RBI requirements such as device inventory, secure configuration, preventing unauthorized software, patch management can be effectively fulfilled by leveraging BigFix.
The key BigFix capabilities which support RBI Compliance include the ability to:
- Effectively manage diverse types of devices including desktops, laptops, servers, ATMs, and mobile devices
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of assets, both hardware and software
- Centrally control the installation of software and applications on any endpoint
- Continuously monitor the release of patches and recommendations from organizations like CISA
- Patch operating systems (new and old), databases, applications and middleware (see supported software)
- Create and continuously enforce security configuration policies across all categories of endpoints
- Remotely manage mobile devices including wiping and locking
BigFix Endpoint Management solutions provide a comprehensive set of capabilities for lifecycle, compliance and inventory management across many types of endpoints running Windows, UNIX, Linux, macOS, iOS and macOS. HCL BigFix can manage and secure every endpoint. For more information, download the free whitepaper, BigFix Support of RBI Requirements.