Have you begun the DevOps portion of you digital transformation journey yet? If not, you could be falling behind – that’s what the new Trend Report from DZone implies. DevOps is a game changer for high-performing organizations, and a leading tactic in the continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) model. CI/CD isn’t new and DevOps is in its second decade, but it is evolving. DZone surveyed hundreds of developers to investigate the state of pipeline maturity in the industry. Here are some key stats from the report:
- 81% of teams who use a CI/CD pipeline have one fully built.
- 57% of teams have adopted CI/CD in the past 3 years.
- Large enterprises can expect six months to two years to fully integrate CI/CD processes.
- Nearly half of developers surveyed said they still run tests manually in the Test and Stage/Performance phases of their pipelines.
- 74% of teams have seen an increase in the speed of software delivery after implementing a CI/CD process.
The full report contains a lot more data and explanation of trends. You can download your free copy of The State of CI/CD here. If you want one-on-one support with your own DevOps journey, including information on how to add more automation to your pipeline, talk to us about scheduling a workshop.