Wouldn’t it be perfect if doing business was as easy as hanging the sign on the door, customers would stroll right in, purchase your product, and business would never stop organically flowing in? That’s the la-la-land we all want to live in. But let’s get real now… According to thrivehive.com, 98% of the people that initially visit your website will not convert on their first visit.
So, as a marketer, how can you bring those users who have already interacted with your product to convert them into buyers or customers of your product? Well, you could start with Retargeting or Remarketing as some of the most effective ways to increase your CTR.
Now some of you may have heard of the word Remarketing or Retargeting and may mix them with one another, but they’re really not the same thing. So what is the difference? Both are effective ways to re-engage warm prospects who have already shown interest in your brand. But when Retargeting focuses on paid ads to help convert new audiences who have visited your website or product, on the other hand, Remarketing is more about increasing existing customer value by re-engaging with them through email or channels you own.
What is Retargeting?
The marketing strategy for retargeting uses paid ads to target users who have already visited your website at least once or are already a lead contact stored in your systems or database.
So, for the users who have been clicking on your website or liking your post on Facebook or any other social media channel, retargeting campaigns can be used to show tailored ads for a specific product or service. These advertisements, which most commonly come in the form of display ads or social media ads, remind customers about your business and encourage them to stay engaged with your brand to potentially return to your site to complete a purchase. There are majorly 2 main types of retargeting:
Cookie-Based Targeting – Cookies are the small data packets that Web pages load onto browsers for many reasons. Each time a user returns to the same URL, the computer sends this tiny information package back to the server. Cookie-based advertising detects that a user has returned to the page. These are virtual spies that collect user Internet habits like frequently visited pages, most browsed topics, etc.
List-Based Targeting – It can be implemented by using the details of the existing contacts in your database. You can upload the list of emails of your potential or past customers to the retargeting campaign. The platform will identify the people using that same email address on their network and show ads specifically to those people.
With Unica Journey, you can easily do that. You can create personalized journeys and retarget people who have shown interest in your product. The data can come from various channels like any form, social media channels, emails opening. The list now becomes our custom audience, and we have LinkedIn, Facebook, and now Google Ad Connector to work along with Unica Interact and Unica Journey to help you reach your audience on the right channels by helping you to syndicate audiences from Journey.
Here is a quick replay to help you learn to utilize the Google ad connector to Unica Journey.
What is Remarketing?
Remarketing refers to the process of reaching or incentivizing your current or past customers and re-engaging them based on their previous purchases or actions. Remarketing generally focuses on re-sparking interest to your company offers and products.
It helps in building long-term relationships with your customers. Remarketing typically uses email to reconnect with the audience. There are certain use cases where remarketing can be helpful such as:
- Cart Abandonment for Retail/e-commerce: Shopping carts they recently started but abandoned, remarketing can be done by sending an email or a simple APN.
- Upcoming Subscription Expiration for Media Industry: Informing your customers about their upcoming subscription expires or, in fact, letting them know about an upcoming deal or product they might like based on their previous purchase history.
- Unfilled forms for the insurance industry: There can be a case where your user is required to fill a form to acquire any certain kind of discounts or the offer, but your customer has opened the email but not filled the form, remarketing to those customers can help in easy conversions.
- Limited time offers (Expiring Soon) for Travel and Hospitality – Your emails can serve as a first touchpoint to engage your existing email list. You can offer your best customers exclusive deals, early, exclusive access to your products, and offer additional discounts.
- Upselling existing customers – The customer list you have can contain different types of customers. Some may have interacted with your product once and left, some can be one-time customers, and others can be your high valued customers. With remarketing, you can serve the different virtues of your product, like providing discounts on the next purchase they make or offering them discounts for signing up.
Unica is a suite of great products like Interact, Journey, Campaigns, Link; you can do more than just send out an email. For example, based on your customer’s pattern of purchase, you can map them to the right offer strategy. Once you have picked the right offer strategy, it becomes crucial to identify the Next Best Offer, which is essential to increase profitability and retention. You can use Unica Interact to send the right and a very personalized offer at the most attractive price via the right channel to your customer.
Beyond its fast and flexible integration to the Adtech channels, Unica is now Cloud Native. You can set your marketing automation on the cloud of your choice, Google Cloud as well. It augments your reach to the wide-ranging solutions that are included in the Google Cloud Platform. You can get insights into the customer’s experience and meet their wants and needs, especially behind the login, as it is critical to formulating the right marketing strategy.