Tomorrow, HCL Software will be releasing our two-part webinar covering the latest release of Volt MX. You can still pre-register here. There’s something for everyone in our development community in the new v9.5 release.
Get an intro to the powerful capabilities of our platform, or dive right into the latest features and demos. Choose your adventure with our two-part webinar that you can access anytime.
If you’re unfamiliar with Volt MX, it is an industry-leading multi experience low code platform. We’ve helped organizations across industries build app solutions that solve customer and citizen engagement and employee experience challenges. Some examples include:
- Powering citizen experience for over 2 million residents of a middle eastern country
- Helping a top insurance company develop an app to support more than 3,000 agents.
- Partnering with a global consumer goods company to localize their app across 30 countries.
Our success stories consistently show how Volt MX helps companies meet their customers where they live digitally and reduce complexity and time to deliver solutions. Volt MX v9.5 delivers the following capabilities.
Super and micro app development: The most notable feature of the new v9.5 release is the support for super and micro app development. Super apps are built as an ecosystem of micro apps that cover a range of uses. Through super apps, businesses create more value and “stickiness” for their end users by providing personalized, seamless, and engaging experiences — all in one, connected digital journey. IT teams also benefit from better use of development resources, less interdependency, and ease of maintenance of mini apps for themselves and working with third parties. HCL is the largest MX Low-code platform vendor to add support super app development.
>> Read our detailed blog post about why super apps matter to your business here.
Automate complex processes: Enhancements to Volt MX workflows enable users to build and automate complex processes easily and visually and support various complex use cases, such as parallel workflows, without constraints. Total workflow automation is supported without needing other business process software, delivering significant time savings for end users and development teams while reducing cost and complexity.
Let’s see this in a real-world scenario. With Volt MX, a streamlined airline maintenance workflow can use parallel workflows to:
- trigger multiple actions (i.e., send a notification and assign a task when a report is received)
- assign tasks to multiple owners (both a janitor and plumber are notified)
- close a report when all tasks in the parallel sections are complete.
Fast and error-free deployment. Volt MX eliminates the need for manual app testing by using built-in automated test processes directly within the developer experience. Begin running automated tests at the start of the app lifecycle rather than at later stages of development. Developer benefits include:
- Higher quality code, ensuring the best user experience for end users.
- Time and cost savings during the QA and testing process
- Easier combination into CI/CD processes, preventing bad code from merging into the main code.
Increase collaboration between development teams and business units. The Volt MX App Viewer allows development teams to generate previews of apps on mobile and tablet devices and collect feedback from business stakeholders before publishing. This results in faster prototyping, iterations, and deployment, eliminating the need to re-publish through app stores.
Developer teams can generate a code for anyone in the organization (e.g., business users, QA team) to review the app in the Viewer. Team members can leave comments within the app, which developer teams can view directly on Volt Iris IDE.
Additional release features and enhancements:
- Containers: New deployment options include Kubernetes and Docker containers in AWS, Azure, GCP, and Red Hat OpenShift. Unlike our competitors, HCL offers you the freedom to choose the deployment that meets your needs for data privacy and security.
- Accessibility support: Widget enhancements to support WCAG 2.0 and 2.1 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) compliance for Volt MX apps.
- App rebranding: Enhancements to dynamically change the look of the app, including font and color updates.
- Home screen widgets: Support to add widgets to iOS home screen part of iOS 16.
- Support on the latest hardware and operating system releases:
- Mobile: iOS 16 and Android 13
- Windows: Volt Iris is supported on Windows 11
- Apple: Support for Apple Monterey OS and M Series Macs
Want to learn more about this release?
- Watch the exciting two-part on-demand webinar.
- Check out our documentation: Read what’s new and release notes.
Want to learn more about Volt MX?