HCL BigFix on Cloud Questions and Answers
Additionally, a client has the option of selecting one or more of the following HCL BigFix offerings:
- HCL BigFix Lifecycle on Cloud.
- HCL BigFix Compliance & PCI on Cloud.
- HCL BigFix Inventory on Cloud.
- HCL BigFix Remediate on Cloud.
Each HCL BigFix on Cloud offering contains software license entitlement and the following hosting and management services:
- Initial Deployment Service: Provisioning and configuration of a HCL BigFix solution in an HCL managed public cloud and making the solution ready for a customer to use.
- Infrastructure Hosting Service: Setup of a hosting environment for the HCL BigFix solution to run and on-going monitoring and management to ensure a secure and reliable hosting environment.
- Application Management Service: Ongoing management and support of the HCL BigFix solution to ensure it is functional, reliable, secure and optimized.
The following describes clients who will find significant value in the HCL BigFix on Cloud offering:
IT infrastructure strategy
- Client has challenges with acquiring hardware to deploy the solution or getting resources for ongoing infrastructure management.
- Client has a strategy to move its IT infrastructure to the cloud.
- Client prefers (or needs) to have a dedicated infrastructure due to strict security or data privacy requirements.
Endpoint management responsibility
- The IT Operations team has endpoint management as its regular responsibility.
- Client needs to customize contents to address specific regulatory or internal policy requirements.
- Client plans to integrate HCL BigFix with other solutions as part of a broader IT/Security infrastructure.
Endpoint environment size
- Client has a mid-size to large endpoint environment to manage.
- Client has a mixture of servers and client devices and needs flexibility in managing mixed devices without an impact to license entitlement (all endpoints are treated as one type)
- No capex needed to acquire expensive hardware and software to deploy the solution
- No resources (staff) required for ongoing infrastructure management and software maintenance
- Efficient deployment of the solution leveraging the extremely experienced HCL Services team
- Highly scalable from small to very large endpoint environments, accommodating current and future business needs
- Solution fully secured and monitored 24x7
- SLA-based support for the hosting environment and the HCL BigFix products
- A simple subscription-based price for everything and applicable to all endpoint types
Once a customer purchases the solution, the HCL Services team will provision and configure a dedicated HCL BigFix solution in an HCL managed Data Center (“DC”) or public cloud and go through a well-defined process to make the solution ready for the customer to use.
The process consists of the following tasks:
- Customer orientation including customer information and requirement gathering
- Deployment of the HCL BigFix Platform components
- Deployment of HCL BigFix Application components based on the customer purchased offering
- Network configuration
- Setup of customer access to Terminal Server, Console and WebUI
- Assistance to customer for the setup of Relays in the customer DC
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
The following is a summary of the separation of duties, shared between HCL and a client:
The solution infrastructure is monitored 24x7 by the HCL Services team. All the major solution components including servers, databases, and top-level relays are monitored to avoid any functional interruption or serious performance degradation. Whenever a solution component has an availability or performance issue, an alert is generated and the HCL Services team will resolve the issue within a set period of time. Organizations may also use the Deployment Health Checks Dashboard and the Deployment Overview Dashboard to monitor the health of their HCL BigFix environment.
The Service Level Objectives (SLOs) for availability and response times are provided in the Service Description document.
This is a service offering; therefore, there is no trial for the cloud offering. However, HCL has a free trial program which organizations may utilize to evaluate HCL BigFix.
Contact your HCL BigFix Sales Specialist or Contact Us.