HCLSOFTWARE PRODUCT SECURITY INCIDENT RESPONSE
HCLSOFTWARE VULNERABILITY DISCLOSURE POLICY
HCLSoftware recognizes how important the security community is in keeping our products and our customers safe. We thank you in advance for your contributions to our vulnerability disclosure program.
The HCLSoftware Vulnerability Management Team manages the receipt, investigation and internal coordination of security vulnerability information related to HCLSoftware offerings. This team will coordinate with HCL product and solutions teams to investigate and, if needed, identify the appropriate response plan. Maintaining communication between all involved parties, both internal and external, is a key component of our vulnerability response process.
HCL will aim to respond to new reports within 2 business days.
Customers and other entitled users of a product or solution should contact HCLSoftware Customer Support to report issues discovered in HCL offerings. If the HCLSoftware Customer Support Team determines that a reported issue is a security vulnerability, it will contact HCLSoftware Vulnerability Management Team, as needed.
- To be eligible to participate in this program, you must not be under contract to perform security testing for HCL Corporation, or an HCL subsidiary, or HCL client within 6 months prior to submitting a report.
- Only report vulnerabilities for HCLSoftware products that are currently in support. Check the “In Scope” section below for the product list. Only the current release and the previous release of any of these products are covered by this program.
- To protect our customers, HCLSoftware does not publicly disclose or confirm security vulnerabilities until HCLSoftware has conducted an analysis of the product and issued fixes and/or mitigations. By submitting a vulnerability report to HCLSoftware, you agree to not publicly disclose or share the vulnerability with any third party until HCLSoftware confirms that the vulnerability has been remediated or you have received written permission from HCLSoftware to publish information about the vulnerability.
- HCLSoftware does not participate in bug bounty awards programs at this time.
- In order for HCL to evaluate your vulnerability report, you agree to provide the following information about your finding: your email address (required) and details on the software product and version, a description of the issue, the hardware platform, steps to reproduce the issue, and potential impact. See section “Report a Security Vulnerability”.
- Do not include any information that may identify an individual (such as a name, contact information, IP address or other similar information) in any attachments included in your vulnerability report.
OUT OF SCOPE VULNERABILITIES
The following submissions are not accepted as part of this program.
- Clickjacking on pages with no sensitive state changing actions.
- Unauthenticated/logout/login CSRF.
- Attacks requiring MITM or physical access to a user's device.
- Previously known vulnerable libraries without a working Proof of Concept.
- Comma Separated Values (CSV) injection without demonstrating a vulnerability.
- Best practices that do not lead to an actionable vulnerability or do not have a CVE.
- Any activity that could lead to the disruption of our service (DoS).
- Content spoofing and text injection issues without showing an attack vector/without being able to modify HTML/CSS.
- HCLSoftware that has reached End Of Support (EOS) is not accepted and will receive a "Not Applicable" response.
- Publicly known data meant to be accessed by anyone. Please note: if you find a directory listing and explain how it can lead to a malicious exploit then we'll accept it.
By submitting a vulnerability report to HCL, you agree that HCL may use any information provided by you in such report for any HCL business purpose (including but not limited to reproduction of the vulnerability, remediation of the vulnerability and general development purposes), without requiring consent from or payment to you.
Also, it is important that you notify us if any such information or associated intellectual property is not your own work or is covered by the intellectual property rights of others. Not notifying us means that you've represented that no third-party intellectual property rights are involved.
Thank you for helping keep HCL and our customers safe!